Wednesday, March 11, 2009

People talking about SparkPeople site

I learned that countless ads are all over the site, and they may be the reason why the site is able to provide the service free to everyone. The problem is that some of the ads are inappropriate, and people talk about this in message boards.
In SparkPeople Cafe, STELLAIU went on to read some blog and noticed the McDonald's ad.

STELLAIU on 10/5/08 3:53 PM: I went to read a blog about the 'healthy' chicken snack wraps from popular fast food restaurants and I noticed this Big Mac and a chance to win a $100 McDonald's gift card. Although McDonald's is making healthier choices for consumers, to me, this seems a little out of place for this ad to be on Sparkpeople?

DONNAMARIEM on 10/5/08 10:49 PM: I notice many unhealthy ads on spark. I don't care if Skinny Cow ice cream has less fat because its still ice cream and they probably add some chemical to add flavor back from when the fat is removed. I thinkthere was some hostess cupcakes or something too in 100 calorie pack ad... sorry its NOT HEALTHY just a portion control gimick!
Gotta laugh or just ignore them because because of sponsors the site is free to us!

ANARIE advocates SparkPeople and suggests in 10/5/08 5:03 PM that "SparkPeople doesn't choose or approve those ads. They have an agreement that lets Google place ads based on keywords on the page. SO can list ads they don't want to allow, but it's hard to keep it updated. If you see one that's not appropriate, try to get a screen shot of it, and click on it to get the URL it leads to. Then you can report it to SparkPeople and they'll try to get it eliminated."

No comments:

Post a Comment