Besides message boards, users can join or create SparkTeams to achieve their health goals. I joined "College Students," "NY Spark Team," and "Living Healthy In Our 20's."
In "College Students," users were interested in stress eating, depression, time management, and school information of others.
In topic "my biggest diet pitfalls in college are...",
LAVINAAHUJA says on 7/25/08 10:37 AM: I'm a last minute person, so when I have assignments due I'm usually working on it to the exclusion of everything else!!! So there goes the excercise! I try to stick to healty eating habits (by stocking up on healthy foods) but don't really get the time to excercise!!!
SUNNYDAYZ2 says on 3/1/09 9:04 PM: Mine is hands down going out and drinking with my friends. We will take like 5 shots before we leave (500 cals right there) and most likely have at least two more drinks while out (200). Then we will come home at like 2 or 3, make unhealthy food that sounds good, and eat a lot! That's over 1000 added onto my day! I've gotten better about limiting drinking though, but when I was putting on weight I was going out thursday, friday, saturday..eek
Also I have a prob with stress and emotional eating..
What I realized is that in most message boards, people are busy answering the topic, but not necessarily responding to previous posts. I am wondering if people post things to get SparkPoints, or just sharing their stories honestly and looking at what others have to say motivate them enough to pursue their goals.
SparkTeams help gather people with similar goals and interests. Also, since members in the SparkTeams have similar interests and lifestyles, they can understand what each other's going through better, resulting in the increase for chances of success for people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment