AMANDADUPLANTIS
AMANDADUPLANTIS's Photo Posts: 840
5/3/09 10:19 P
Absolutely! The more support that you give..the more you receive. In this journey, I will give and take as much as possible! When I provide support, I am ultimately supporting myself and every step I have made along the way. If my journey can help others...I think that is a great gift!
KARITIGER
KARITIGER's Photo Posts: 370
5/3/09 12:10 P
I'd love to say yes.. but I don't know exactly.. Online I encourage others.. in real life I don't want to be a blow hard and toot my own horn or drive my friends up the wall. .if they told me they wanted to lose weight and get in shape I'd be there in a heartbeat and be as supportive and encouraging as I could possibly be.. but right now my friends are not in the same place as I am and I have to be patient and sooner or later they will want to jump on the bandwagon... or not I'm their friend regardless...
Sometimes I can't help it .. my good feelings and good will spills over and I share with them what a difference a day makes.. or just a little accomplishment makes but I'm trying not to make that my whole deal..
weight loss is great.. feels great physically and emotionally but it's not everything..
I think being on a team like WW or Tops would be incredible.. atm I'm just here on sparkpeople.. sometimes I come here for support.. sometimes I come here just to blog.. sometimes I want it all.. it's there for me whatever I need it for and it's free..
Sometimes all I need is to just read a few posts and I feel back on track.. ready to face the day .. just knowing I'm not alone is what I needed...
LOTSACATSME
LOTSACATSME's Photo Posts: 1,435
5/3/09 11:34 A
Thats why I became a leader in team groups, helping them helps me.
ABIGAILSING
ABIGAILSING's Photo Posts: 38
5/3/09 6:45 A
Yes, it certainly encourages me. I feel invigorated to try harder in my own attempts to succeed, partly because encouraging others calls me to be accountable to make sure I am doing what I "preach", so to speak, but also because while I encourage another, they invariably encourage me.
ANGELZM21
ANGELZM21's Photo SparkPoints: (11,226)
Fitness Minutes: (20,227)
Posts: 1,114
5/2/09 3:23 P
Yepperz! When I see my spark buddies doing well and maybe I've falling off the boat a little with my eating habits or workouts it kicks me in the behind to catch up!! I hope they feel the same! ;)
FRITZFRITZ1
Posts: 4
5/1/09 2:11 P
My husband died December 4, 2009---he was very supportive of my efforts to lose weight. Now, my sister who lost weight inspired me to lose 50 lbs. between 1/09 and now.---I have another 50-60 lbs. more to go. Supporting others does help a person to succeed, to. Two years ago, my sister was overweight and through my knowledge of nutrition that I shared, she lost 4 dress sizes. Good luck!
BARBLOSEIT
BARBLOSEIT's Photo Posts: 389
4/30/09 9:40 P
Yes, it helps to surround me with people who need and want to do the right thing -- thus we police each other.
MS_BEHAVIN
MS_BEHAVIN's Photo SparkPoints: (4,084)
Fitness Minutes: (2,627)
Posts: 151
4/29/09 11:42 P
Yes, it takes me outside of myself and gets me thinking about others. Can make you feel not alone, there are others struggling the same way, others that are succeeding, others that have it worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment